The Rise of Skywalker film made me smile in several areas and the coolest scenes I think are Kylo Ren fighting his way in a forest and later a scene with his father, as a Force ghost.
I do agree with some of the issues people have with the film. These include:
1. The stadium full of Sith cheering Emperor Palpatine on.
2. Any time Rey and the others have difficulty climbing terrain yet Kylo Ren and his men have no trouble catching up to them.
3. Luke’s X-wing being functional after being in the water for ten years and no missing panels. (He took them off to make a hut)
4. Palpatine miraculously raising a whole armada of Empire carriers, fighters and shuttles.
5. The easiness of characters becoming Force Ghosts
What I do like:
- Kylo Ren no longer having his rages; being a cooler head; made him finally turning away from the Dark side much better
2. Rey shoving the doubts and fears away of her going to the Dark Side to kick its ass.
3. C-3PO, Lando, Chewbacca staying alive throughout the film,
4. Leah did get training from Luke in the Force and light saber fighting.
My main problem with the film is a lack of impact on story lines that were supposed to pack big punches especially these two. 1. C-3PO loses his memory and Leah giving her life to save her son.
The lack of build up of emotions in these and other story lines took away for me this film being a satisfying conclusion to an era.